RED RIBBON WEEK IS
Did You Know...
Children of parents who talk to their teens regularly about drugs are 42% less likely to use drugs than those who don't, yet only a quarter of teens report having these conversations.
We are so excited for this year's Red Ribbon week and we have activities planned for the entire week! Every day of the week will have a theme with options for winning prizes as we look to God's Word for the wisdom he provides. We are asking that every student memorize the scripture address for each day's theme. If they are able to remember all five scripture references at the end of the week we will present them with a Key to wear around their neck as a reminder that their future is KEY so they need to stay Drug Free!
You won't want to miss out on a single day's activities, so make plans now for how you will get involved.
MONDAY - Pajama Day
- DRUGS MAKE YOU LAZY AND DROWSY
- MATTHEW 11:28 - “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
- Come to school dressed in your pajamas. We will have a pajama day to remind ourselves that with Jesus we don't have to feel weary or burdened in life. We can find our rest in him.
tuesday - Crazy Hair Day
- DRUGS MAKE YOU WANT TO PULL OUT YOUR HAIR
- 1 CORINTHIANS 3:17 - "If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple."
- Come to school with your craziest hair do. Destroy your normal hair-do and Rock that style. Let it remind you that you are the temple of the Holy Spirit. God dwells inside you and you have the great blessing and responsibility to carry His presence into a world that needs to hear the good news about Christ.
Wednesday - Wacky Wednesday
- DRUGS MAKE YOU WACKY AND STRESSED; AND TURNS YOU INTO SOMEONE ELSE.
- GALATIANS 6:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
- Come to School dressed up in your favorite costume. Who says you can't have Halloween twice, right? Dress up so that you are reminded that drugs will make you become someone or something else all together. You cannot be you when you are using drugs.
thursday - backwards day
- DRUGS PULL YOU AWAY FROM GOD.
- JAMES 4:8 - "Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."
- Come to school with all your clothes on either backwards or inside out. Be reminded that drugs not only turn you into someone else but they take you further and further away from God and what he has planned for you life. Drugs literally take you backwards in life.
friday - career day
- DRUGS WILL BRING UNEMPLOYMENT
- JEREMIAH 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- Come to school dressed for the career that you want to go into. Come dressed as a policeman, fireman, astronaut, teacher, construction worker, plumber, preacher, athlete, or whatever it is that you feel God has called you to be. Because we know that God has a plan and a purpose for our lives. But if we allow drugs into our lives we will often destroy what it is that God has given to us.