This week Pastor Ted takes a detailed look at Faith. What is it? How does it fit into our lives? What do we do with it? Faith is one of the foundational building blocks of our walk with Christ and it is profoundly important to the way that we live our lives. Listen this week as Pastor lays out five points in for understanding what Faith is. 1. Faith is governed by laws and principles but it can't be condensed into a master formula
2. Our faith is not in our our faith. It is in the faithfulness of our God.
3. Faith is not a drug to sedate you through a life that you hate. Faith is a force to transport you to another realm of reality.
4. Hope is the blueprint; Faith is the contract. Or another way to say it; Faith is NOT the opposite of action.
5. Hearing the Word initiates faith. Speaking the Word activates faith. Doing the word demonstrates faith.
As speaking the word into our lives holds so much power Pastor Ted "ordained" the congregation (so to speak) so that they could begin to preach to themselves. There were 12 faith confessions that, although they hold no magical qualities, do have the ability to powerfully alter our thinking and out lives by speaking them out into our lives. We have listed the 12 faith confessions for you below and encourage you begin speaking these truths into your life starting today.
1. I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation
2. I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation
3. I have no fear or anxiety, I trust in the Lord with all my heart
4. I am able to fulfill the calling God has place on my life
5. I am fully funded to do everything God has called me to do
6.I have no insecurity because I see myself the way God sees me
7. I am a faithful spouse and a Godly parent; our family is blessed
8. I am completely whole physically, mentally and emotionally
9. I am increasing in influence and favor for the Kingdom of God
10. I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ
11. I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make
12. I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesus' name
My Next Step Today Is:
- I will memorize Hebrews 11:1 - faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
- I am going to preach God's Word to myself
- I am going to walk in God's Word
- I will invite someone to come next Sunday to Sun Stand Still